Let’s talk about Zach’s tendency to fix other men’s ties.
just when you think
chris pine’s eyes can’t squint any further
you see this
i m p o s s i b l e
At this point I think he’s just taking mini-naps
Interview for STID
- Interviewer: How have your characters grown in this new movie?
- Simon Pegg: I went up a cup size
My senior quote doe.
Gillian Anderson on Jimmy Fallon (May 21).
If Earth Had Rings
First off, they would be really pretty to look at. They would also dominate the sky in both night and day at exactly the same place as they would never rise nor set. And at night you would see the Earth’s shadow swing across the rings, like in the 4th photo here.
However, life would be very different on Earth if this were the case. Nocturnal animals would have a hard time being nocturnal, as the light reflecting from the rings would illuminate the night.
Because we are closer to the Sun than Saturn is, the rings would be more rocky than ice, making them less bright but still pretty bright. In fact, you would see far less stars at night (living anywhere other than the equator or the arctic circle) because of the light pollution and not to mention ruin most meteor showers because of that.
During the day the rings would block sunlight in certain regions of the planet creating wild weather cycles and effecting plant life as well. So basically, they would be definitely pretty to look at but they would also make a whole lot of things screwy.
Illustrations by Ron Miller // io9
— Click the photos for captions
(Source: the-science-llama, via thisisreal-really)
IN THE FIFTH GIF HE PATS THE CUPS WITH HIS LITTLE PAWS TO MAKE SURE IT’S IN. BRB, DYING.
forever reblogging this, my most favouite gif EVER
(Source: nocrimeinthewasteland, via karlimeaghan)
The Men of Star Trek: Into Darkness
Who was camera?
Benedict Cumberbatch deleted shower scene from Star Trek Into Darkness (!)
- Crew member: As the second in command here in engineering, it is my job to take on Mr Scott's job when he is unwell, absent or, in this case, resigned.
- Crew member: I have been training for years for this position, took engineering at the academy, and have worked my way up the ranks properly.
- Chekov: Hello I am here I am in charge now
- Crew member: Who the fuck are you
- Crew member: You are like, 12
- Crew member: Are you even an engineer
- Crew member: Stop
Let's Learn Vocabulary with Chris Pine and Zacarcy Quinto during Star Trek Into Darkness Interviews
- Abscond: to depart secretly and hide oneself
- Anomaly: deviation from the common rule
- Zeitgeist: the general intellectual, moral, and cultural climate of an era
- Aplomb: complete and confident composure or self-assurance
- Lothario: a man whose chief interest is seducing women
- Erudite: having or showing knowledge that is gained by studying
- Sacrosanct: most sacred or holy; treated as if holy; immune from criticism or violation
- Misappropriate: to appropriate wrongly (as by theft or embezzlement)
- Moribund: being in a state of dying; approaching death
- Superfluous: exceeding what is sufficient or necessary; not needed
- Propinquity: nearness of blood (kinship); nearness in place or time (proximity)
- Perturb: to cause to be worried or upset; to throw into confusion
- Mercurial: of, relating to, or born under the planey Mercury (Astrology); having qualities of eloquence, ingenuity, or thievishness atrributed to the God Mercury; characterized by rapid and unpredictable changeableness of mood
- Demulcent: to soothe
- Euphoric: a feeling of well-being or elation
- Euphonious: pleasing to the ear
- Paltry: inferior, trashy; mean, despicable; trivial; meager, measly
- Milieu: the physical or social setting in which something occurs or develops
- Statuesque: resembling a statue especially in dignity, shapeliness, or stillness
- Pyrrhic: a metrical foot consisting of two short or unaccented syllables
- Recalcitrant: obstinately defiant of authority or restraint; difficult to manage or operate; not responsive to treatment; resistant
- Hornswoggle: [slang] bambozzle, hoax
- Dais: a raised platform (as in a hall or large room)